The Fair Telecoms Campaign (fairtelecoms) is recruiting supporters to identify issues, report cases and assist with:-
- Creating a fair relationship between consumers and providers in a regulated competitive market for telecoms services.
- Making transparent (thereby eliminating inappropriate) commercial relationships between callers and those they call.
- Working with regulatory bodies, e.g. Ofcom, and campaigning through the media and by direct contact.
- Aiming to focus on issues that are relevant and where campaigning pressure is demanded and likely to produce results.
- Currently addressing cases of clearly improper use of 084 telephone numbers:
- NHS GPs and other NHS providers
- Public bodies - notably HMRC and DWP agencies